Last weekend, we decided to take a quick trip down to Stuttgart and see the Black Forrest. It was beautiful, and reminded us of home. We went on a hike (well, it was a hike for a pregnant lady and a 2 year old) down to the Allerheilegen Falls (All Saints falls). It was a stepped waterfall that wasn't too full, but it was pretty.
We also went to the famous Mercedes Museum. It was pretty impressive with 9 floors that lead you through the history of the first Mercedes to where they are now and giving a history of what was happening in the world at the same time. We stayed in a little town outside of Stuttgart and went into the center of the town for dinner. At the time they were showing the World Cup games on several big screens in the middle of the marketplace. There were several people out watching it. It's been really interesting to see the World cup buzz in Germany. We have never heard the German's so loud and rowdy! It's been fun to see them have pride in their country and wave their country's flag without hesitation. Usually, you don't see German's wave their flag (especially not like the USA). In the past people have past judgement on those that do, thinking that they must be a Natzi or pro Natzi. So it's been good to see them have so much pride in their country.
This week James is in Switzerland for boy Scout camp. He says it's beautiful. We miss him already, and he's only been gone for 2 days!
I've been starting to feel the onset of the last trimester. It's been pretty warm here with no A/C, and therefore, my feet are swelling up! Ugh! I'm scheduled to have the baby the last week in September. I will be having a scheduled C-section. I recently heard that they keep the mother and baby in the hospital for 10 days after a C-section. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I think I will miss Reilyn too much!
Well, I will add some of the pictures of our trip below:
Is this the car of the future? I'm not sure if a person can even fit into it!
What do you think? Is this a real horse inside the building?
Reilyn's favorite was the bus of course!





No comments:
Post a Comment