Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sergeant Larsen

A long overdue and well deserved promotion for James! He is now Sergeant Larsen (officially on July 1st). I'm proud of you sweetie. You deserve it, and you've been a good soldier!
Here's a picture taken back in April. But my most recent of him in uniform. This is how I see him everyday. Isn't he a good-lookin' soldier?


And this is one that I just took last weekend. So handsome!

We're down to our last week here. We're going to Switzerland this weekend, and then we'll be living in a hotel for a couple of days until we head to the states! Last night I was looking through some old pictures and realized how long we've been gone! We are so ready to be back with our families. So, the next post you'll see will be from the states, (probably with Elmo in it too-- we're taking the kids to Sesame Place in Philadelphia on the way home). Tchuss Deutchland!

12 comments:

Becca & Joel said...

That pic of the kids with James is just prescious! What a treasure! It must have been forever since I've read your blog... I had no idea you were coming back already! Yippee!!!! Hey, bring some of that dressing mix with ya... we ate ours up several months ago! I have cucumbers in the garden now so we would love some! Let me know what I can trade you this time - those peanut butter M&M's didn't do so hot last time - well - they GOT to hot last time, I should say!

Taryn said...

I love that picture with the kids. So cute. Congrats to James making Sargent. I can't believe you will be home next week! Have a fun and safe trip with all the fun stops you are making on the way. :) Brings us some goodies from Germany. Love ya!

Kim said...

CONGRATULATIONS, James!!!! Love the army picture...too cute!

Where are you going in Switzerland? I love it over there...it will be so beautiful this time of the year. Enjoy the scenic countryside and charming homes! I can't wait to see your pictures.

Alex and Heather said...

Congrats James! Not only on the big promotion, but on having adorable kids and a fantastic photographer as a wife. Sorry we didn't chat more about it last night, Mel's news just kinda took over! Love ya and see you soon!

Rachel said...

Congrats James you totally deserve it!! Have fun on your last trip!

Elizabeth said...

Yep you've got a hunky husband. I do like a man in fatigues. Congrats on his promotion! Happy traveling back home :)

Michelle said...

Kailey - this is Michelle - Heather's old friend from Provo....I just checked out your blog, and just wanted to tell you that your family is so cute! It looks like you guys have had quite the adventure. Good luck with everything!

Michelle said...

Kailey - this is Michelle - Heather's old friend from Provo....I just checked out your blog, and just wanted to tell you that your family is so cute! It looks like you guys have had quite the adventure. Good luck with everything!

Amy and The Mack Pack said...

Hi - its your cousin Amy! Cool pics and congrats! ON everything! Promo, and doing so great in Germany! I have loved looking at your updates, hearing from others how you are doing. Welcome home.

Liz said...

Hey Kailey,

I know I had your blog before but I lost track of it, so I found you from Addy's blog. I hope you're adjusting to life back in the good ole US of A. Your family is beautiful.
I'm excited to see your next adventures :)
Liz
liznryan.blogspot.com

Caglefamily said...

What is up Lady? How is it being back home? are you missing Europe yet? We need posts of your new life in the states, your fam is too cute to hide away from us. Now that you are back we should have a roomie party! Maybe next summer.

Dantzel said...

Hey! It's been a LONG time since I checked out your blog, so your news of coming back to the states (well, you're here by now) is so exciting! Where are you now? We're in CA until next fall. I should send you a pic of my hubby in uniform, too. :) Congrats on James' promotion even though he has no idea who I am. :)