Thursday, April 06, 2006

Our family is growing another two feet!!

If you don't understand the title-- we are expecting our second child! We are very excited about this, although- I'm not really looking forward to the being pregnant part, but I guess you have to take the bitter with the sweet!

I'm due in the begining of October. I've been sick, but not as bad as I was with Reilyn. I think I'm starting to get over all the sickness part, which means that the heartburn, and shortness of breath are on just around the corner. I actually was able to see an ultrasound of the baby earlier this week. I have a German doctor that I think will be very good. He is seeing most of the expecting Americans now. The Army hospital in town is starting to shut down some of their departments, and the Labor and Delivery floor will be closing in June. I will be delivering at a German hospital- which makes me a little nervous because they don't really have the luxurious birthing/recovery rooms that America does.

Spring hasn't come to Germany yet. It's still kinda cold, and we're looking forward to the refreshing days of Spring.

Several of the military units are being transferred to other areas or countries, and in turn several of the bases will be closing down this summer. Many of our friends will be leaving, and we're a little nervous about how empty it will seem here. In our church ward, we will be one of five american families after this summer. It will be very small and we're deciding that we should really start making an effort to learn German, not "just enough to get by..."

No comments: